Tips for planning the Perfect Party
By Lucas Pardy
1. For a wedding, keep in mind that your guests are going to be where the couple are. If you’re on the dance floor, the guests will be too!
2. Don’t micromanage the timeline. We do need the order of events but not necessarily the exact time for each.
3. Don’t micromanage the timeline. We do need the order of events but not necessarily the exact time for each.
4. If there are older guests, try not to sit them close or right in front of the speaker(s).
5. Don’t put the DJ in an obscure location or corner; the DJ needs to be easily visible and near the dance floor so they can see it to get a feel for the crowd.
6. If you have dance floor lighting, keep in mind that darker is better. Use dimmers for chandeliers, cafe lighting, etc.
7. If you have a bar or photo booth at the event, please put it in the main room where the DJ is. You want to keep people near the dance floor at all times.
8. When picking your songs for your event, take into account not only your taste, but the guests’ as well.
9. You always want to leave the guests wanting more. It’s not your responsibility to entertain guests until 2 am.
10. When picking your music, you don’t have to overdo it. Pick 20 or so songs you like and a few you don’t, and let us fill in from there.
11. If you have to cut corners on your budget, don’t skimp on your entertainment—it can make or break your event!